In today’s world of technology, the word ‘solution’ mostly appears beside the word ‘Software’. It has turned out to be a marketing term for most IT providers. Software solutions are a must in everyone’s routine. A lifestyle is well established through software. A set of software together to perform a particular task makes a software solution. In the world of computers, laptops, and tablets it is important for every action to have software inbuilt. The capabilities of software programs is limitless, a software can even generate auto likes for social media posts.
Enterprise software is divided into various types based on the requirement and category of the business. They are:
- Accounting software – At the end of the day, all that one wants is money. So it is important to organize the accounts of an office. There is a variety of software which assists in accounting, storage of documents and handles multiple customers -the most tedious job of commerce. A happy customer is one whose accounts are done to perfection. In these days of strict accounting rules, an online software which has the right tools and the friendly platform is expected by an accounts personnel to do his/her job perfectly. A sophisticated set of software for accounting should be able to enhance skills of managing accounts which in turn will increase the productivity of a business.
- Billing Management – A billing software should be able to manage the changing prices and a tool to update the fluctuations to customers. It should enable the company to improve invoicing every complex aspect considering the terms and conditions of the business and its strategies. Billing management is expected to generate invoices at the right time without delays and by eliminating Also, tax calculations should be made friendly.
- Business intelligence – A software which gives a proper procedure which can technically drive the process of analyzing data and presents information to assist the business executives and managerial staff along with end users take better-informed decisions to make their business successful. It has a set of tools, applications, and methods which enhance the process of collecting data from various resources in order to analyze and develop a report. The data visualizations are expected to produce an analytical result with detailed information about the happenings in the market.
- Business process management–A software solution basically meant to ease the workflow of a business strategy. It makes the process more effective and efficient. Such a platform is expected to be capable of coping with the changing environment in a business module along with a set of activities that can enable the employees to reach their targets.
- Content management system (CMS) – A set of software to form an application which let you create, modify and present any kind of digital content. It is usually multiple user application expected to work collaboratively.
- Customer relationship management (CRM)– A PRO or a personal relations officer is one of the main parts of a successful business. It is important to have proper relation with the customer for any kind of business. There should be some practices, strategies, and technologies a company should lay down in order to manage and analyze how a customer feels after a deal with them. This is Customer relationship management which can again be bundled up as a software and documented well on an Application in order to share and discuss with company executives. Such an application is also expected to provide detailed information to both the staff and customers. Customer’s personal information, purchase history, buying methods and remarks are all entered in a programmed manner.
- Database – Loads and shelves of files are minimized into a simple flash drive or a hard drive in this world of the globalization of computing. Everything is made available on cloud computing also. So software which can maintain such files in the form of a database is one of the primary requirements in today’s technical world.
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) – This includes human resource, enterprise infrastructure and other assets of a company to be maintained. A software solution like ERP manages and automates many back office functionalities.
- Supply chain management (SCM) – Maintaining inventory is unimaginable these days, with nobody wanting to write down anything manually. So software to maintain inventory takes the top rank amongst the software solutions and such software is expected to do a lot of things perfectly without any errors.